‘Very Emotional’: Parents Who Both Had C.O.V.I.D-19 Finally Hold Twin Boys 20 Days After Birth

When Jennifer Laubach and her husband Andre started experiencing ᴄᴏʀᴏɴᴀᴠɪʀᴜs sʏᴍᴘᴛᴏᴍs, she was 32 weeks pregnant with twin boys.

arrow_forward_iosRead more

Powered by GliaStudio

When Jennifer’s waters ruptured and she prepared to travel to the hospital, Andre had serious symptoms, including intense coughing and gasping for air, necessitating Jennifer’s self-driving to the hospital.
The couple, who live in Michigan, had previously tested positive for C.O.V.I.D-19 and ʀᴇᴄᴇɪᴠᴇᴅ the positive test results quickly. Jennifer told Good Morning America, “I stared back at Andre, not knowing whether I’d ever see him again.” Andre was “in pretty poor health.”

Jennifer gave birth to Mitchell and Maksim the next morning at Troy Beaumont Hospital, and they have rushed to a neonatal ICU right away so she could fight the ɪɴꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ, which meant the new mother didn’t even get to touch her babies.
The new mother was released from the hospital a few days after giving birth while her children remained in the hospital, but she was readmitted after developing ᴘᴏsᴛᴘᴀʀᴛᴜᴍ ᴘʀᴇᴇᴄʟᴀᴍᴘsɪᴀ. Jennifer told Good Morning America that she was suffering from post-natal ᴅᴇᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ since she couldn’t even touch her babies. She admits to feeling cut off from her friends and family, and she was ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇᴅ she’d ɪɴꜰᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ her boys with the ᴛᴇʀʀɪʙʟᴇ ɪɴꜰᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.
The Laubachs could only see their sons through video chat for 20 days, after which the new parents were finally able to visit their babies in person, both of whom had tested negative for ᴄᴏʀᴏɴᴀᴠɪʀᴜs.
Mitchell was able to return home with the couple, while Maksim remained in the hospital for the time being.
Because no one can visit because of the lockout, they take turns visiting the NICU. Jennifer told PEOPLE that meeting her boys for the first time was “extremely emotional,” since “they were so little and delicate.” “I sobbed as I expressed my gratitude to the nurses for caring for them when we were unable to.”

Jennifer told Good Morning America that she and her husband are still unknown how they got the ᴠɪʀᴜs, but she wants others to take C.O.V.I.D-19 seriously and not take their loved ones for granted. “My heart breaks for all the folks whose stories don’t end happily,” she remarked.

Related Posts

Trả lời

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *